The simple solution to an $80 billion problem
At Goldtouch, we design keyboards and peripherals from the ground up to make computer users comfortable and reduce the instances of Repetitive Strain Injuries (RSIs) like carpal tunnel syndrome. But they do more than just keep computer users comfortable. They also solve a basic business problem — the $80 billion dollars lost annually due to workers’ comp claims and absenteeism brought on by these RSIs.
- Repetitive Strain Injuries (RSIs) are the nation’s most common and costly occupational health problem, affecting hundreds of thousands of American workers and costing billions of dollars in lost productivity (U.S. Department of Labor, OSHA).
- Approximately 460,000 carpal tunnel release operations are performed each year, 47% of which are work related (National Center for Health Statistics).
- Workers’ compensation costs in the US for computer-related injuries are estimated at $30.9 billion (2008 Liberty Mutual Workplace Safety Index).
The fact is that most large businesses continue to implement a treatment strategy instead of a prevention strategy, and it’s costing them billions. Goldtouch, on the other hand, believes that businesses need to address the financial impact of RSIs before they happen. By mitigating the risks associated with off-the-shelf PC peripheral devices (keyboards, mice and stands), employers can effectively eliminate computer-related RSI across their entire workforce, saving hundreds of thousands (even millions) of dollars over three years with an ROI delivered as soon as ninety (90) days from implementation.
Some facts about our keyboards
- Patented adjustability for split (0-30º) to straighten the wrist
- Patented adjustability for tent (0-30º) to reduce the rotation of the forearm
- Retractable feet for negative slope which prevents bending the wrist
- Enhanced key position, key travel, and key pressure – providing a more relaxed posture
- Add optional keyboard wrist rest gels which prevents bending of the hands
Our business-ready catalog includes many options for bundling, including keyboards in standard or travel size, left- and right-handed comfort mice in both wired and wireless Bluetooth options; comfort mouse pads and wrist gels, numeric keypads for number crunchers, and laptop/tablet stands designed to enhance the viewable position (eye level) of the mobile screen.
Our 360º Value Proposition
Employee Health & Safety
Ready to get started? If so, just fill out the form on the right and a Goldtouch Business Specialist will get in touch with you.