In today’s society, couch potatoes get all the attention. We’ve developed apps for them, snacks for them… even Slankets! But what about mouse potatoes in our midst? If you’re not a mouse potato yourself, chances are you know one: They’re those Monday – Sunday technology enthusiasts that are in front of their computers non-stop doing what needs to get done. From crunching numbers to graphic design. Cutting videos to computer animations. Writing content to writing novels.
If you know a mouse potato — defined as someone who is on their computer for more than 8 hours a day — ask them how their wrists feel after working through the weekend finishing a project that’s taken them every waking hour to complete. More than likely, their wrists feel terrible. And the thing is, what they’re feeling is completely preventable with the right tools — namely an ergonomic keyboard and now — the 66° angled Semi Vertical Mouse from Goldtouch.
To view the Semi-Vertical Mouse Data Sheet, click here.
Goldtouch To Release New Semi-Vertical Mouse; Might Be Perfect.
A beautiful combination of ergonomics, comfort and performance
Like fingerprints, everyone’s hands and wrists are different. Some differences are obvious, like the size of the hand and the length of fingers. But some are less obvious, like the angle of a person’s wrist. And these slight variations in angle can also affect a person’s preference for their computer mouse. What feels comfortable for one user, may be completely uncomfortable for another user.
This is exactly why it is important for us to give our loyal customers options. It’s also what led our engineers to create this new Semi-Vertical Mouse — the first mouse of its kind to provide users a semi-vertical mousing angle that encourages users into a comfortable grip, provides a nice resting position for the hand, and enhances the user experience through great mousing precision.
As Mark Norwark (our fearless leader and CEO of Goldtouch) tells it, we’ve had a lot of requests over the years to create a mouse that’s a happy medium between the traditional ergonomic mouse sloped at 25°-30° and the traditional vertical mouse that’s sloped between 85°-90°. And now we’ve done it with our Semi-Vertical Mouse, perfectly angled at 66 degrees.
To see the difference in wrist angle, lay your forearms on the desk in front of you in a relaxed fashion. As you’ll notice, your wrists probably don’t lay perfectly flat. They have a slight angle. And that angle is slightly different for everyone. This is the problem that the new Semi-Vertical Mouse addresses.
The Semi-Vertical Mouse series provides the ultimate comfort fit for healthy computing, empowering users to enjoy working without pain. Users can also choose to add the flange accessory to provide more hand and wrist support throughout the day to alleviate the risk of developing a Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI).
So if you’re looking for the perfect gift for the mouse potato in your life this holiday season (or would like to give a gift to your own wrists), the Goldtouch Semi-Vertical Mouse is a great angle to take.
Features of the Goldtouch Semi-Vertical Mouse:
- Ideal Slope: 66° slope creates optimal comfort and hand/wrist positioning.
- Flange Accessory: The detachable Ergo-Grip flange keeps the underside of the pinky finger and palm off the work surface of the desk, allowing users to move the whole arm instead of just the wrist to control the mouse.
- Easy to use: Easy click buttons and a scroll wheel allow for simple navigation. Also features convenient thumb press keys to easily page forward or page back.
- Comfortable Texture: Anti-slip grips and rubberized coating provide maximum comfort.
- Programmable DPI: Wireless: 800 – 1200 – 1600, Wired 1000 – 1500 – 2000 -2500
- Adjustable Weight Option: Four detachable 5g block weights, allowing users to adjust weight up to +/- 20 grams by adding or removing the weights.
- Long Lasting: Functions with two AAA batteries.
- Plug and play technology: Wireless USB 2.4 Ghz receiver allows for quick set-up.