No Passcode Generated by Windows 10 or Passcode Disappears Too Quickly Troubleshooting
This is a known problem with Windows 10 as outlined on a number of Microsoft support forums. The best answer we have found for pairing when Windows is not prompting for a passcode (or when the passcode disappears too quickly) is from the Microsoft Support Forum. It involves plugging in a USB keyboard to manually generate your code. The steps are outlined below:
- Connect a USB keyboard
- Turn off the Goldtouch GTP-0044W Keyboard
- Power on the GTP-0044W Keyboard and Press Connect so the keyboard goes into pairing mode – Blue light flashing.
- Go to Bluetooth Device menu and “Add a device”. Select Goldtouch Keyboard.
- On your connected USB keyboard, input an 8 digit number of your choosing and hit “next”.
- Then on the Goldtouch Bluetooth Keyboard enter the same 8 digit number from Step 5 and press Enter.
The GTP-0044W Keyboard (or other Bluetooth keyboard) should then connect and clear up the problem.
Below is one of the links where this information is outlined:
If you have additional questions, please email email@example.com