We recommend that you follow the below adjustment guides to help you setup your Goldtouch Keyboard:
See our video demonstration on how to properly adjust your Goldtouch keyboard here.
Step One, dialing in personalized comfort.
A leading contributing factor to the development of computer-related repetitive strain injuries is the flat standard keyboard, which places the forearm and wrist in awkward positions for long periods of time.
- Your first adjustment of your new Goldtouch Go!2 Mobile Keyboard is to adjust the keyboard to straighten your wrists and forearm along the horizontal plane. Start by releasing the latch on the top of the keyboard.
- Now, move the segments until the angle of each panel matches the natural line created by your fingers across the center row of keys when both your wrists and forearms are straight.
- This first individual adjustment will correct for undue pressure caused in the wrist and forearm when typing on a normal keyboard.
- When you’ve established the correct angle, lock the lever down.
NOTE: Goldtouch recommends you work in this position for a few days until you’re comfort- able with the split of the panels, compared to your previous keyboard.
Step Two, go Vertical!
Your next adjustment is to correct the inward turn of your wrists or pronation.
- First, let’s find your tent angle. Start by grasping a pen in your hand with your palm facing down.
- Now, relax and rotate your arm (clockwise if the pen is in your right hand, counter- clockwise if you are left handed) until you feel a release in pressure — this angle is usually between 7 and 15 degrees. Congratulations. You’ve found your tenting angle.
- Release the latch on the top of the keyboard.
- Lift the segments by grasping the segments near the center – close to the ball and replicate the angle you found earlier. Don’t forget to keep your split angle as part of this final adjustment. Once you’ve made this final adjustment, lock to the lever back into position. You may find that over a period of time, these two angles may change. Feel free to continue adjusting the keyboard to dial-in your own personal split and tent angle for greatest comfort.
NOTE: Always ensure that your fingers or other foreign objects are not in between the keyboard and the locking handle when closing the lever. It’s important NOT to over-adjust the keyboard. See our website www.goldtouch.com for a video demonstration on how to properly adjust your Goldtouch keyboard.