Some Power management Settings in the Computer System BIOS and in combination with Windows Power Management Settings can cause the USB ports to provide limited or insufficient power needed to operate USB devices.
The system BIOS must be configured for S1 suspend mode. The wake key does not work when the BIOS is configured for S3 standby because the keyboard is not powered.
This is normal. The system fans are typically off during S3 standby.
Please refer to your computer system manual or contact your system manufacture for assistance with BIOS setting adjustments. Note: we are not responsible to damages to your computer system if BIOS settings are adjusted incorrectly.
The power management setup instructions vary depending on the Windows Operating system you are using.
Below are some instructions for configuring the Power management options for Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista and XP.
- Open the Keyboard control panel.
- In Windows Vista or Windows 7, Click Start, type keyboard in the Start Search box, and then click Keyboard or Microsoft Keyboard in the Programs list.
- In Windows XP and earlier versions, click Start, click Run, type Control keyboard, and then click OK.
- Open the Keyboard control panel item, as described in Method 1.
- Click the Hardware tab, and then click Properties.
- Click the Change Settings button
*Note This step requires Administrator access
- Click the Power Management tab, and then verify that the, “Allow this device to wake the computer” is enabled.
- Click OK, and then click OK again.