Go!2 USB Mobile Keyboards FAQs
Below are answers to our most commonly asked support questions for our Go!2 USB Mobile Keyboards, part GTP-0044. To reveal an answer, simply click on the question. If you need additional assistance please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Does the Goldtouch Go! Keyboard require special drivers?
Note: this FAQ is for the GTP-0044 Go!2 Mobile Keyboard.
The Goldtouch Keyboard is a WHQL Certified, Plug and Play device. Windows will automatically detect the device and install Microsoft drivers.
How do I switch the keyboard between PC and Mac modes?
To choose between PC and Mac mode, please use the switch on the back of the keyboard to select your operating system. Please note, keyboards are in PC mode by default.
Are the GTP-0044 keyboard keys programmable?
The keys on the GTP-0044 mobile keyboard are only programmable through the use of third party software such as KeyTweak on PC or Double Command on Mac. Goldtouch cannot provide technical support for third-party software.
How do I use the FN features on my Go!2 Keyboard?
How do I connect the Go!2 Travel Keyboard to my computer?
The Goldtouch Go!2 Mobile Keyboard is Plug-and-Play for both Windows® and Mac OS®. The keyboard doesn’t require any additional drivers for installation.
Setting up your new keyboard is easy:
- Select your operating system, by adjusting the switch located on the back of the keyboard to either PC or Mac mode. (Please note, keyboards are in PC mode by default).
- Plug the Goldtouch Go!2 Mobile Keyboard’s USB male connector into a free USB port on your desktop or laptop computer.
- Please allow sufficient time for Windows or Mac OS to automatically recognize the keyboard and install the proper drivers.
- When the system level drivers are installed and Windows or Mac OS setup is completed, begin working.
- Mac Only. Your Mac will ask you to identify the keyboard. The Keyboard Assistant Wizard should pop up when the keyboard is detected. It will ask you to “Press the key directly to the Right of the Left Shift Key” (the Z) and “Press the key directly to the Left of the Right Shift Key” (the /) If for some reason the Assistant does not open automatically, you can also manually launch the Keyboard Assistant from the System Preferences\Hardware\Keyboard.
Can I use my Go!2 keyboard on top of my laptop / notebook?
Yes, please use the following setup instructions as a guide:
- For placement on a laptop, the rubber pads will provide you with additional stability.
- Adjust your keyboard to your comfort height and splay.
- Place keyboard in such a way that it rests on the top cover area surrounding your laptop’s keyboard, so that it is not pressing any functional keys on your laptop. (note: rubber backing prevents keyboard from slipping off laptop).
Is there a Dvorak version of the Go! Travel Keyboard?
No, all Goldtouch keyboards are QWERTY for Latin script.
Why is the keyboard designed the way it is?
This is an exceptional product designed to be adjusted to suit your individual body requirements, rather than forcing your body to conform to the keyboard. It provides for personal adaptation of the two alphanumeric sections to help you attain relaxation of the muscles and tendons of the hands, wrists, arms and shoulders. In so doing, undesirable awkward postures used in typing can be alleviated.
The Goldtouch Adjustable Keyboard allows for you to arrange your workspace to improve comfort and enhance productivity and efficiency. It has a small footprint and embedded numeric keypad so you don’t need to reach as far to access your mouse. Watch our Video, The New Simple, Part 1: Goldtouch Overview for more information.
Where is the Serial Number on the Goldtouch Keyboard?
The serial number is located on the underside of the keyboard. It is the 10-digit code, following the part number, located beneath a bar code. For example “3290000123”.
How do I know what position to adjust the keyboard to?
We recommend that you follow the below adjustment guides to help you setup your Goldtouch Keyboard:
See our video demonstration on how to properly adjust your Goldtouch keyboard here.
Step One, dialing in personalized comfort.
A leading contributing factor to the development of computer-related repetitive strain injuries is the flat standard keyboard, which places the forearm and wrist in awkward positions for long periods of time.
- Your first adjustment of your new Goldtouch Go!2 Mobile Keyboard is to adjust the keyboard to straighten your wrists and forearm along the horizontal plane. Start by releasing the latch on the top of the keyboard.
- Now, move the segments until the angle of each panel matches the natural line created by your fingers across the center row of keys when both your wrists and forearms are straight.
- This first individual adjustment will correct for undue pressure caused in the wrist and forearm when typing on a normal keyboard.
- When you’ve established the correct angle, lock the lever down.
NOTE: Goldtouch recommends you work in this position for a few days until you’re comfort- able with the split of the panels, compared to your previous keyboard.
Step Two, go Vertical!
Your next adjustment is to correct the inward turn of your wrists or pronation.
- First, let’s find your tent angle. Start by grasping a pen in your hand with your palm facing down.
- Now, relax and rotate your arm (clockwise if the pen is in your right hand, counter- clockwise if you are left handed) until you feel a release in pressure — this angle is usually between 7 and 15 degrees. Congratulations. You’ve found your tenting angle.
- Release the latch on the top of the keyboard.
- Lift the segments by grasping the segments near the center – close to the ball and replicate the angle you found earlier. Don’t forget to keep your split angle as part of this final adjustment. Once you’ve made this final adjustment, lock to the lever back into position. You may find that over a period of time, these two angles may change. Feel free to continue adjusting the keyboard to dial-in your own personal split and tent angle for greatest comfort.
NOTE: Always ensure that your fingers or other foreign objects are not in between the keyboard and the locking handle when closing the lever. It’s important NOT to over-adjust the keyboard. See our website www.goldtouch.com for a video demonstration on how to properly adjust your Goldtouch keyboard.
Can I split the Goldtouch Keyboard into two pieces?
The Goldtouch Adjustable Keyboard is not designed to be split into separate pieces. You should adjust the keyboard vertically and horizontally to fit your particular body type. Separating the Goldtouch keyboard into two pieces voids the product warranty.
Does the keyboard bounce when adjusted?
No, if the keyboard is properly adjusted, no bounce should be experienced when typing. It is necessary to set the keyboard up to be stable on its four feet to stop any wobble. Pull the locking bar mechanism out. With the right hand lifting the back of the keyboard from underneath, place the left thumb on the Goldtouch logo and pull the handle back into the locked position. Each half needs to be pretty even for it not to rock or bounce. If the keyboard still wobbles, pull the locking bar out again and adjust it slightly until you feel the two halves are stable.
What if I think I have a defective key?
If the key is not producing any characters or the wrong character, the Keyboard may be defective. Please test the keyboard on another computer system and if it is still experiencing the same results, Please email Support for further assistance.
Pressing a key on the keyboard does not wake the computer.
Some Power management Settings in the Computer System BIOS and in combination with Windows Power Management Settings can cause the USB ports to provide limited or insufficient power needed to operate USB devices.
The system BIOS must be configured for S1 suspend mode. The wake key does not work when the BIOS is configured for S3 standby because the keyboard is not powered.
This is normal. The system fans are typically off during S3 standby.
Please refer to your computer system manual or contact your system manufacture for assistance with BIOS setting adjustments. Note: we are not responsible to damages to your computer system if BIOS settings are adjusted incorrectly.
The power management setup instructions vary depending on the Windows Operating system you are using.
Below are some instructions for configuring the Power management options for Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista and XP.
- Open the Keyboard control panel.
- In Windows Vista or Windows 7, Click Start, type keyboard in the Start Search box, and then click Keyboard or Microsoft Keyboard in the Programs list.
- In Windows XP and earlier versions, click Start, click Run, type Control keyboard, and then click OK.
- Open the Keyboard control panel item, as described in Method 1.
- Click the Hardware tab, and then click Properties.
- Click the Change Settings button
*Note This step requires Administrator access
- Click the Power Management tab, and then verify that the, “Allow this device to wake the computer” is enabled.
- Click OK, and then click OK again.
How do I use the NumLock function on my Go!2 Mobile Keyboard?
To activate the Go!2 keyboards embedded numeric keypad:
- Press the FN button, to turn the FN Feature on the keyboard on. The blue FN indicator light will appear in the status bar on the right hand corner of your keyboard when the FN function is turned on.
- Press the Num Lock key in the upper right hand corner of the keyboard. The blue FN indicator light on the keyboard status bar will turn White when Num Lock and FN are both engaged. (Please note, for Num Lock to work, it has to be used in conjunction with the FN key.)
- The embedded numeric keypad on the right side of your keyboard is now engaged.
NOTE: To turn off the Num Lock and FN features, simply press the Num Lock and FN keys to deactivate. The corresponding indicator lights on the status bar will turn off when these functions are deactivated. When Num Lock is turned on, you can easily toggle between regular keyboard mode and the embedded numeric keypad by turning Function (FN) off and on, rather than turning NUMLOCK on and off.
USB Device not detected, or Unknown Device.
This is commonly an issue with the motherboard. The motherboard needs to be reset, and will only reset if the computer is completely disconnected from its power source.
To resolve the problem follow these simple steps:
- Shut down Windows
- Unplug the computer completely from the power source for 1 minute.
- Plug in and restart Windows
- Shut down Windows
- Remove the battery from the laptop for one minute.
- Re-insert the battery and restart Windows.
Which operating systems are supported?
The Goldtouch Adjustable Keyboard, being a based on a standard keyboard layout using standard device drivers, works under the following Operating Systems:
Windows Server 2003 and 2008
Mac OS X 10.4 and later
How do I use to the FN modifier key in Mac mode?
Our FN key is a keyboard function key, not an integrated Apple function key. It is similar to PC’s laptops whereby special functions are available with the integrated keyboard FN key to choose Video Outputs, Dim Monitor etc….. Those functions are not available with an external keyboard as they are part of the System BIOS and integrated into the laptops system. Apple restricts keyboard manufacturers to a specific list of allowable Apple keys to be used by 3rd parties.
How do I fold the Go!2 Keyboard in half for traveling?
Can I use the Go!2 keyboard when it is in the separated position for folding?
You may use the Go!2 keyboard when it is in the separated position for folding, however, the keyboard will not be adjustable (Tent or Splay) in this position because the folding hinge moves freely about.