Inflammation is actually an essential and natural process that allows your body to heal after injury or infection. Just think of it as first responders to the scene. Yet, if inflammatory cells hang around longer than they should, it can lead to chronic inflammation. Then, if left unchecked, chronic inflammation can lead to serious cellular damage.
If you’re currently suffering from chronic inflammation, it’s time to do something about it.
Your doctor may have already prescribed treatment, but there are some easy and all-natural ways you can combat your condition right now.
How to Reduce Inflammation Naturally
From what you put in your body, to how to treat your body, there are natural solutions that may lessen your flare-ups or discomfort associated with chronic inflammation. Let’s take a look at some fast fixes that will help reduce chronic inflammation symptoms naturally.
Tweak Your Diet
A simple diet tweak could be your answer to live longer and with less discomfort from chronic inflammation. Eat more anti-inflammatory foods, learn which inflammatory foods to avoid and add supplements.
One way to reduce inflammation in the body fast is to eat more foods with anti-inflammatory properties. These can take many forms, but a few examples include:
- colorful fruits and veggies
- fatty fish
- nuts and seeds
- beans and legumes
- whole grains
- herbs and spices
- green tea
Inflammatory Foods to Avoid
By no means is this to be a comprehensive list, but it is a good place to start if you want to see quick results. Foods to try and avoid include:
- processed foods
- greasy foods
- fried foods
- foods with saturated fat
- foods with trans fats
- food containing sugar
Another fast way to reduce inflammation in the body is by adding supplements that help regulate inflammation.
- Vitamin D most people don’t get enough Vitamin D from the sun, so it’s good to supplement. Vitamin D is actually a hormone, not a vitamin, and it helps modulate inflammation.
- turmeric has been scientifically proven to help decrease chronic inflammation
- omega-3s are healthy fats that play a role in regulating inflammation
If you really want to reduce inflammation in the body fast, you need to consider ergonomics. Ergonomics isn’t just about achieving a comfortable posture that doesn’t make you want to jump out of your seat. There’s actually a science behind it.
Ergonomics studies the efficiency of people while in a work setting. Studies have shown that we can reduce our muscle tension, mental strain, and injuries by tweaking our work environment and including products with improved ergonomic design. Reduced strain and injuries help us lead happier, more productive lives.
Ergonomics in Practice
It’s one thing to want to improve your workplace environment, and entirely another in practice. To implement these, you simply need to take a few minutes before you start working to prepare your space. Whether it involves moving items around or simply adjusting them – make sure everything is set before you start! Here’s a few tips to try.
Adjust your chair
The way you use your office chair can make a world of difference. The correct positioning and posture will keep you from experiencing pain, inflammation problems, or other health issues that come with sitting improperly for long periods.
Most chairs can be adjusted by height, while others can adjust the depth, backrest and lumbar portions of the chair as well. The parameters for proper seated posture include:
- a height that fits your body comfortably with legs bent at 90 degrees
- a depth that allow for a one-inch distance between the seat and your legs, when your back is flat on the backrest
- an optional built in lumbar support that is placed on the lower back
Check your computer monitor placement
The computer is literally a staple of modern-day working life. We spend hours each day in front of computer monitors with no thought about placement. Next time, before you work, pay attention to these key things:
- Avoid Glare: the glare on the monitor can make it difficult to see what you’re doing, which may cause awkward positions and even eye strain. To avoid this problem place your screen at an angle so that light does not reflect off of any surfaces nearby while working or studying.
- Keep your monitor at eye level. This will make it easier for you to see and work more effectively, as well as help prevent neck pain. If you work on two screens make sure the primary screen is directly in front and then position the other just slightly off-angle directly beside it so they’re lined up nicely together with about 5 cm between each panel’s bottom edge.
- Keep your monitor no further than arm’s length away: If the monitor is too far away, you may find yourself having to lean forward or strain to see. If you keep it at arm’s length everything will look clear and you can sit comfortably in your chair.
Invest in ergonomic equipment
When performing repetitive movements like typing or using a computer mouse, it is important to be aware of the effect it may have on your chronic inflammation levels. Investing in tools that are ergonomically designed can help alleviate inflammation symptoms.
- An ergonomic mouse is specially designed to minimize discomfort and prevent potential injuries like carpal tunnel or tendonitis.
- The use of an ergonomic keyboard can help you avoid chronic wrist, arm or shoulder pain. These keyboards are designed with a split V shape, which allow for adjustability so the hands can rest at more natural angles to reduce the risk of muscle strains.
Goldtouch Ergonomic Solutions
Here at Goldtouch, we know that feeling of being stuck behind a desk for hours on end, struggling to be productive. We can only imagine how much harder that is if you suffer from chronic inflammation.
Unlike other companies who sell one-size-fits-all accessories, Goldtouch offers adjustable solutions to fit each person’s unique needs.
We also know that promoting safety and health in the workplace needs more than a simple “off the shelf “solution, so our innovative products help bring your office space into the 21st century, while keeping your comfort at optimum level.
Experience the difference of Goldtouch ergonomic computer solutions today and see what companies like Chevron, Apple and Yahoo have already discovered. Put simply: if we provide solutions that improve the work spaces of Fortune 1000 companies, you know we have a solution for you.
Shop our website today and find a solution for you!